In case our research wasn't convincing enough, here is an independent data: two out of five New York venture funds with the most company exits and the highest percentage of exits have women investment partners. And one of the funds the highest percentage of exits is female-only Starvest Partners. We are super proud of you, Ladies!
Anthony Noto of New York Business Journal has tapped Crunchbase to determine the exit rate of portfolio companies for a number of New York-based venture capital firms. We used his data to look at this matter from our perspective.
1. Two out of the top five firms with the most company exits have women investment partners on the teams:
2. Among five firms with the highest percentage of exits, there is all-women managed venture fund and Insight Venture Partners again:
3. Among the firms that Anthony marked as the ones with the lowest exit percentages (4 percent) FJ Labs, founded last year, and Marker LLC, founded in 2011, there are no women investment partners. Just pointing out.
Other remarks of this local research:
- Lerer Hippeau and RRE Ventures have the most portfolio companies, with 221 and 218, respectively
- The ranking considered tech purveyors; energy and healthcare-focused funds were not considered
- N.Y.C. firms exit, on average, 20 percent of their portfolio companies