Geographic Preferences: US Texas
Sara Brand is Founding General Partner at True Wealth Ventures, an early-stage venture capital fund investing in women-led businesses in consumer health and sustainable products and technologies.
Throughout her career, Sara has worked with and contributed to some of the top teams in the technology industry and has cultivated a diverse portfolio of leadership experiences including:
- Investing with Fremont Ventures, a $150M venture fund in San Francisco named one of the top 10 venture capital firms for adding value to portfolio companies
- Working at Intel, Applied Materials and Advanced Micro Devices and directly with 3 Fortune 500 CEOs and their teams in technical, strategic and operational capacities
- Leading business units from $0 to $100M
- Acquiring startups and integrating them into large publicly-traded corporations & leading company mergers and cross-functional dynamics
- Strategic management consulting with McKinsey & Co.
- Founding (512) Brewing Company, the largest draught only, self-distributing microbrewery in the United States
An active member of the entrepreneurial ecosystem to support gender diversity, Sara is a founding investor in the Rising Tide Fund, advisor to DivInc. and steering committee member of Women@Austin. She also serves the consumer health and sustainable consumer sectors as advisor to Texas Health Catalyst at the Dell Medical School, mentor for CleanTech Open and as an active speaker on the topic.
Sara holds a Ph.D. and M.S. in Green Design and Manufacturing, a minor in Public Health and Energy, and a Management of Technology Certification from UC Berkeley. She also holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from UT Austin where she serves on the Cockrell School of Engineering’s External Advisory Board and the Texas Health Catalyst Advisory Panel for UT’s new Dell Medical School to foster health technology innovations across industry, academia and community.
MEDIA ABOUT SARA BRAND